6326: Maintenance Superintendent – DSPC (Direct Strip Casting Complex)Location: Canada, Ontario • Category: Jobs, Metals & Steel Industries, Steel Mill Services • Type: Permanent • Salary: $130,000 - $190,000 annually
The Maintenance Organization exists to drive continuous improvement in operational reliability to support organizations objective of establishing a low cost structure and ensure the long-term integrity of assets.
Maintenance Leadership will establish practices and procedures that support the operators in achieving world class overall equipment effectiveness that ensures the alignment of equipment reliability and business goals.
- Effectively manage assets and provide low cost, reliable maintenance services that will support the optimization of DSPC manufacturing
- Establish Best in Class maintenance processes to monitor and ensure reliable & capable equipment performance by planning for the renewal or upgrading of assets
- Ensure effective planning, alignment and execution of maintenance activities are in place across the DSPC
- Ensure high quality, low cost and timely maintenance service is provided to the DSPC
- Provide capable leadership to maximize the effectiveness of the department’s human resources by providing support that matches the individual’s level of development and competency and by involving employees in decisions related to their work
- Maximize human resource effectiveness for the department, ensuring that training and development needs are identified, and plans are developed and implemented
- Ensure that effective predictive and preventative maintenance systems are developed and maintained
- Monitor external maintenance developments and make recommendations / implement improvements as authorized
- Ensure the reliability and efficiency of divisional maintenance functions (people, processes and equipment) and the continuous improvement of all divisional maintenance activities
- Prioritize, plan, coordinate and execute major down days, outages and equipment upgrades
- Ensure maintenance standards, practices and procedures comply with corporate principles and guidelines as developed by Maintenance Technology
- Achieve annual operating budget (cost and production) and forecasts, and ensure corrective actions are taken when actual results deviate from budget or forecast
- Promote and provide a safe work place and support the implementation of the department health & safety program
- Provide electrical, mechanical and automation technical support and expertise to the organizations within Division
- Experience in hot rolling mill required
- Minimum of 10 years’ experience in a maintenance leadership role within the steel industry
- P.Eng degree preferred
Candidates that possess the basic qualifications of the position are encouraged to apply by emailing their resume as a MS Word attachment to Continue reading for contact information with the following subject line “Maintenance-Superintendent”. Candidates that do not possess the basic qualifications stated above will not be considered.