795: Plant ManagerLocation: Southwestern US • Category: Aggregate Producers, Asphalt Producers, Construction Materials • Type: Permanent • Salary: $75k to $85k+
- The Plant Manager will report to the Aggregate Operations Manager and will be responsible for the overall operation of assigned Aggregate and Asphalt Plants.
- Main duties will includes optimizing production through proper planning, minimizing downtime through proper maintenance practices, managing costs and providing strong leadership to plant employees with a strong emphasis on safety, quality and environmental compliance.
- This position will work closely with other departments, i.e., sales, finance, environmental, safety and human resources to ensure that the plant meets governmental, legal, shareholder and corporate expectations.
- This position will be required to submit and manage to business to operational and capital budgets on an annual basis.
- The Plant Manager will be responsible for managing operation to established Key Performance Indicators including plant availability, man-hour metrics, plant throughput / productivity and product quality parameters.
- The Plant Manager is responsible for the morale and attitude of the entire crew at the site; it is the responsibility of the plant manager to engage the crew and provide effective communications to improve safety performance, productivity and create an overall positive work experience for the members of the plant crew.
- Manage Aggregate and Asphalt Plant Operation for assigned locations
- Development of all personnel, including training, certifications, staffing recommendations and administering discipline
- Responsible for safety and environmental compliance of operation
- Productivity reporting and analysis
- Cost management and reporting
- Environmental, OSHA, MSHA, D.O.T. and other regulatory compliance, as required for assigned locations
- Actively participate in Operations and Capital Equipment budgeting
- Actively manage plant and equipment maintenance.
- Close collaboration with Regional Aggregate Operations Manager in areas of goal-setting, customer service, and employee development.
- Direct, coach and develop employees and ensure company policy compliance
- Inventory Control and Management
- Career Level: Mid-level Manager
- Years of Experience: +5 years
- At least 5 years industry specific (or related) college courses or equivalent experience.
- Any relevant operations management certifications, i.e., industry specific management training.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience managing an Aggregate and / or Asphalt Operations, including ancillary functions such as yard production
- Strong mechanical aptitude
- Experience trouble-shooting and resolving equipment and product quality concerns
- Experience managing and maintaining Aggregate and Asphalt plant equipment
- Experience with OSHA/MSHA regulations and requirements
- Experience managing groups of employees in separate locations, as required for assigned locations.
- Personnel management experience, i.e., hiring and selection, performance reviews, discipline, and legal compliance requirements
- Knowledge of office systems, including knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint and other Microsoft Office software packages
- Strong leadership, organizational and interpersonal skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Customer service orientation
- Experience in a vertically integrated construction materials organization
- Experience with SAP Financial System
If you have interest in this position, contact Stephen S. Stauffer in confidence:
- Email: Continue reading for contact information
- Phone: 610-437-5040
“The Right People. The Right Placements.”